Return to the front page
The central tower, its base having round-headed Norman windows, suggests a Norman cruciform church and the nave itself is certainly Norman. The tower was extended in 1622 to replace a decayed lead-covered wooden spire. Apart from this, the church has seen few structural alterations since the early 14th century.
The Norman tympani are outstanding - this example has been protected by the porch.
"Two Lovely Souls".
"Life was "brilliant""
Although rather worn this is an excellent example of the stonemason's craft.
Claire Christine Nicholson and Martin Piers Nicholson - Ticklerton (Shropshire) and Daventry (Northhamptonshire), United Kingdom.
This page was last updated on July 19th 2016.