Martin Nicholson's Cemetery Project

Holy Trinity, Eccleshall, Staffordshire

Return to the front page

The oldest parts of the church date from 1189. The tower shows 2 phases of building - English Gothic and Perpendicular. The church was heavily restored in 1865-69.

John Plant was a Servant and Tower Keeper.

The memorial to William Overton (died 1609) who was Bishop of Lichfield from 1579 to 1609. His two wives kneel above him.

Robert Gosse was buried twice.

Peter was the Parish Clerk and Sexton for 23 years.

Norman seems to have been a cricket enthusiast.

The mason had problems with capital letters.

Waiting for the owners to die?

"Death is only an old door set in a garden wall".

A lovely man - Not always right - But never wrong.

Roy was a Parish Naturalist.

"The final curtain".

The mason has had to correct an error in the text.

"She drinks indeed the bitter cup of separation ..."..

Claire Christine Nicholson and Martin Piers Nicholson - Ticklerton (Shropshire) and Daventry (Northhamptonshire), United Kingdom.

This page was last updated on March 15th 2017.