Return to the front page
The current church building was built in place of a very much older church which had become much dilapidated and demolished in 1848. A drawing of this church hangs by the door in the present church. The work was made possible through the generosity of Mrs Catherine Marriott of Sellarsbrook (nearby) who did so in memory of her husband Charles Marriott who had died in 1848. It is apparent from the drawing of the ancient church that the walls of the present building are on the same ground plan.
Claire Christine Nicholson and Martin Piers Nicholson - Ticklerton (Shropshire) and Daventry (Northhamptonshire), United Kingdom.
This page was last updated on July 11th 2015.