Return to the front page
A church has stood here since the 12th century, but nothing remains of the original building, which was re-built in the 15th century. From this later period only the tower, the south porch and the south-wall of the nave remain; the rest was re-built in the Victorian era.
"Through sixty years of peculiar suffering and bodily weakness..."
William Green was "fatally injured Maismore Bridge".
Samuel Jackson was the Parish Carpenter.
Thomas Wadley died at Bonny in what is now Nigeria in 1862. This part of Africa was called "The white man's grave".
John Jackson was a Plumber.
William Middleton was a Parish Innkeeper.
Three high status memorials can be found near the church porch.
Claire Christine Nicholson and Martin Piers Nicholson - Ticklerton (Shropshire) and Daventry (Northhamptonshire), United Kingdom.
This page was last updated on June 17th 2017.