Return to the front page
The church was founded in the 7th Century by the Irish Bishop Molling (Myllin) and the earliest references to a church in Llanfyllin appear in the Norwich Taxation of 1254. The present building dates back to 1706, built in local brick in a simple preaching house style. In 1826 a schoolroom was added which now serves a vestry and meeting room. A major re-planning of the church interior took place in the 1850s. The church seats approximately 300 people, and is unusual in having no central aisle.
The boards that give details of the benefactors of the church deserve careful reading
Note the difference in what boys and girls should be taught!
Why was some of the text inscribed in Theban?.
We do not approve of using old gravestones as steps - it seems disrespectful.
Claire Christine Nicholson and Martin Piers Nicholson - Ticklerton (Shropshire) and Daventry (Northhamptonshire), United Kingdom.
Last modified on August 6th 2016