Return to the front page
The parish church of King Charles the Martyr is in the small hamlet of Newtown, to the west of Wem. It was originally dedicated in 1665 (five years after the Restoration of the Monarchy) and is one of only six English Churches dedicated to Charles Stuart.
Martin Nicholson - Shropshire, United Kingdom.
This page was last updated on October 17th 2013.