Return to the front page
St Alkmunds is the only remaining open Anglican Church in the historic heart of Shrewsbury. Old St. Alkmunds was demolished in the early 1790s, a victim of the panic that gripped Shrewsbury following the collapse of old St. Chads in 1788.
"God takes the good - Too good on Earth to stay - God leaves the bad - Too bad to take away."
The elaborate memorial to Thomas Jones and his wife Mary. Thomas served as Member of Parliament for Shrewsbury.
Martin Nicholson - Daventry, United Kingdom.
This page was last updated on January 9th 2014