Return to the front page
This Grade 2* listed church was built by local subscription and the generosity of the local Amphlett family and John Corbett who was the owner of the Salt Works at nearby Stoke Works and the Member of Parliament. It was consecrated by the Bishop of Worcester in 1888.
Warren Lewis was Chairman of the Parish Council and his wife Jeanne was a Parish Councillor and "Brown Owl".
UNUSUAL WAR GRAVES
R. G. French was a Chief Engine Room Artificer 1st Class.
F. Chaplin served with the Home Guard.
Examples of war graves for members of the Training Reserve are very hard to find.
"Buried elsewhere in this churchyard".
Claire Christine Nicholson and Martin Piers Nicholson - Ticklerton (Shropshire) and Daventry (Northhamptonshire), United Kingdom.
This page was last updated on September 7th 2015.